April 1, 2013

Weekly Menu Apr. 1

Lemon Gruyere Rosemary Artisan Bread
Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake

For today, Dec. 4...

Onward!

Outside my window... Today is cloudy and a bit cold. There's sun bravely peeking through right now, but I don't think we'll see much of it today, it's supposed to rain and/or snow tonight and tomorrow. We got more snow in March than we did all winter! The grass is getting greener, but I still haven't seen a hint of flowers or leaves. Come on Spring, quit hiding!!

I am thinking... Ugh, I can't believe I still haven't made that bread! I just keep forgetting about it. Here's hoping I actually pull it off this week!
I am thankful... For inspiration and personal revelation. Whenever I find myself stuck, as a mom or wife, I talk to my husband. And somehow, during our conversation, I will suddenly realize what's wrong, and how to fix it. It usually involves fixing me, not fixing the kids, or the husband. I'm also thankful for a husband who understands that I need to talk about everything. :)

I am hoping... Hoping April is a little nicer to me than March was!! It should be, no medical stuff on the horizon, teeth healing up, school coming to a close, weather warming up, more time outside... now if I can just get on top of my sleep, I'll have energy galore!

I am looking forward to... Naptime. Ha! I couldn't sleep while The Geologist was gone this weekend, and I need to catch up!!

Around the house... The boys are watching Mulan, I'm here on the computer, the beastie is parked at my feet... it's a calm morning. Today we'll get ready for Stephen to go back to school, I will make up his reading list (I cheat. He's supposed to record every book he reads and how long he spends reading)... I know, I shouldn't cheat. And I know that for lots of kids, that would be a very helpful way to help them with reading. But when your kid reads for hours a day, it's hard to keep track!!

In the kitchen... Oh, I am so excited for this week's menu!! I had a different main course planned to post, but these sandwiches were a spur of the moment flash of genius that I can't wait to share!! And it's been a while since I posted a breakfast!

A favorite quote for today... Mulan has some of my favorite movie lines: "I'll get that arrow, pretty boy, and I'll do it with my shirt ON." and "Dishonor on YOU, dishonor on your COW... and what are you, a sheep?!"

One of my favorite things... Blooming trees!! I think they're my favorite flowers of all. They're neck-and-neck with lilacs. The paler, frothier, and more delicate the better. My dream home will have blooming trees! I want to go to Japan and see the cherry trees someday, I want to visit Prince Edward Island in the spring and see if it really is "the bloomiest place" that L.M. Montgomery described!

Something new about me... I have a ridiculous memory for song lyrics. Don't bother arguing with me, I am always right. I've been wrong twice in my life, and I still remember each instance. Unless you count when I was tiny, and thought the lyrics "might as well face it you're addicted to love" were "hyena's red faces,  you're dicdicdaluh", but I don't think that counts. I wish I could apply this brainpower to being more organized, but sadly, we don't get to choose our allocation of mental energy!
Source: Emmah Bradley via Pinterest
Guilty Pleasures... Reading in bubble baths. I call it a guilty pleasure because I can stay in there a long time, and I'd rather take a bath than a shower any day! It's an awesome way to escape my life for just a few minutes, because no one can bug you while you're in the bath! I want to get one of those reading shelves for bathtubs... heaven!!

Try your own Daybook! Get ideas here!

2 comments :

  1. I love Mulan too. Such an adorable movie. My good memory gift is mapping in my head. I can go somewhere once and still be able to find the same place up to 2 years later. Weird, I know, but it comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one!! I have to go to places a few times before I've got it. A few times actually paying attention to the route, that is! It's easier now that we're back in CO and the mountains are where they're supposed to be :)

      Delete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)