November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Wreath

Look at me, doing two posts in one day!! I just had to share this project with you though, it's my first real Pinterest project and it turned out fantastic!

Our Family Thanksgiving Wreath!
I just wrapped a foam wreath with brown ribbon (super-glued/pinned in place), cut leaves out of colored card stock, and we wrote what we are thankful for in gold and silver pen! Then we just pinned the leaves on! We did it in pairs because I didn't have enough pins. Oops!
These are a few of my favorite sections... (guess who is grateful for the planets?)
Little Stephen wrote his own, and Joe wrote a few too!! He copied down the letters I wrote for him. I love this new wreath. We will keep it up through Christmas, and re-use it every year!

7 comments :

  1. Awww! I really like that tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea April, and it's so you! We're all having fun reading the leaves and enjoying the boys' illustrations. And it looks really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative and cute!! I'm visiting from Keeping PLUS in a MINUS World where you were nominated for the Liebster award!

    http://sweetestmemoirs.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. APRIL, this is a wonderful tradition to create with your family. You are so much like me at the same age. I love everything you do and these things bring back lovely memories for me. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)