September 25, 2012

Nibbles and Novels

I believe I have mentioned that I am a bookworm. I have been guilty of neglecting my duties while in the crucial chapters of a riveting novel. I have shown my tiny old book collection, and often quoted/referred to my favorite literary characters. But this is a food blog, right? At least, that is its main goal. I've been racking my brain since discussing a blogging book club with Becky at Beauty for Ashes (which I still intend to try!) for a way to combine food and books. And I've finally got it! I am taking a deep breath, and diving into the deep end...


I'm going to host a link party!! I will need to be coached (Shaylee!! Help!!) and I must admit I am very nervous. Most of my blogging idols never host link parties... and I want to be just like them... but I need to venture out on my own, right?? I think so. And I hope a few of you think this sounds like fun...

Here's the idea: I'm going to host a monthly "Nibbles and Novels" party! The rules are: you must link a post about a book, OR a recipe from/inspired by a book! Cookbooks don't count, but books with recipes do, (like those mystery series full of recipes that keep popping up all over the place) You must tell me (us!) about your inspiration. Fiction or nonfiction, doesn't matter! We'll start October 1st, and continue the first of every month. What do you think?? Could this work?? I'm cautiously excited!! If you have any questions, or ideas, please send me a comment, I promise to reply! I do SO hope a few of you will join, it could be so much FUN!!
Source: stylemepretty.com via April on Pinterest

I will leave you with a bit of inspiration from Anne Shirley (my literary idol!)

"You should just see our pantry. It's a sight to behold...We're going to have two kinds of jelly, red and yellow, and whipped cream and lemon pie, and cherry pie, and three kinds of cookies, and fruitcake, and Marilla's famous yellow plum preserves that she keeps especially for ministers, and pound cake and layer cake, and biscuits as aforesaid; and new bread and old both..." ~Anne of Green Gables

5 comments :

  1. Ohhh April, that sounds right up my alley!!! I would love to participate, but I probably won't be able to do the first one as I'll just be getting back from London! But count me in for the rest! Love ya. You are a great gal and I just adore this idea of nibbles and novels. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to be a blogger to contribute?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness, ohmygoodness, ohmygoodness! April, darling, you are a genius!! This is such a great idea, and I very much hope that I will get on the ball and start posting book recipes!! The Anne series was the first thing that came to my mind, and then I saw the quote. We seriously are kindred spirits!! X)

    Also, I would be more than happy to help in any and every possible way! Just let me know, and I'll start social-mediaing it up for you!! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why, hello, lady! Fancy meeting you at the "I Love my Post" link party! What a lovely blog you have here, I must say. I'm a(n) new(old) follower!

    (I just had to.)

    Love you, girl!!!!

    P.S. I'mmagoingonadatetomorrow. !!!!! I know you already know that, but I just had to say it. I might just be a tad bit ecstatic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea! I actually have a book review blog (that I'm thinking of just moving over to my everyday blog) so I can link posts about books for sure. Dunno if I'm awesome enough to come up with/try recipes from them, but I can try..!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)